World Naked Bike Ride Australia
Photo: The first World Naked Bike Ride to be confirmed or photographed in Australia occurred in Newcastle, New South Wales on Valentines Day 2005.
Peacefully expose the vulnerability of cyclists, humanity and nature in the face of oil, cars, war, consumerism and non-renewable energy.
Australian towns and cities will participate in the next southern hemisphere leg of the World Naked Bike Ride on various dates. More cities may be added to the list if volunteers are found to organise the ride in new towns and cities. The official southern hemisphere]] ride date depends on the location of the ride. Check details for the specific location. Some cities and towns may ride on a date within a week of the official date due to local circumstances such as holidays and festivals.
The tentative locations are:
Other Australian cities and towns could have a WNBRide this year. Please refer to the Organizing a ride in Australia for more information about how to volunteer as an Organiser for your city or town if it is not listed above.
Check website for details: http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/wiki/Australia (this page) or follow the links to the towns cities webpage on this wiki website.
For media enquiry contacts please see the page for that city or town:
- Adelaide, SA
- Alice Springs, NT
- Brisbane, QLD
- Broome, WA
- Byron Bay, NSW
- Cairns, QLD
- Canberra, ACT
- Daylesford, VIC
- Hobart, TAS
- Lismore, NSW
- Melbourne, VIC
- Melrose, SA
- Newcastle (Australia), NSW
- Nimbin, NSW
- Perth, WA
- Sydney, NSW
- Tweed Heads, NSW
- Rapid Ascent, 13 Mar 2010, Bike Buller MTB Festival 2010
- Virgin Blue Voyeur, July 2009, On Your Bike by Kayte Nunn. Article begins on page 44 and WNBR Australia 2010 is listed in a calendar of future bike events on page 46. Direct link to Virgin Blue Voyeur, July 2009
- Sydney Morning Herald, 16 Mar 2009: "Cyclists' naked ambitions punctured", by Ellie Harvey
- the village VOICE (New York), 16 Mar 2009, Naked Bike Rides Kick Off, Head to NYC by Roy Edroso
- New York Post, 10 Mar 2009, NAKED BIKE BUFFS, by Jeremy Olshan
- Australian Cyclist, 1 Mar 2009: "Bare It", by Australian Cyclist
- Yes But No But Yes, 2009, Top Ten Naked Sporting Events, by Jellio
- Mei Qi Tan (freelance journalist), 10 Dec 2007: "Stripping for society’s sake - Exposing nudity in social protests"
- BBC News, 22 Jan 2007: "Australians embrace pedal power"
Organisers are planning rides for several cities in Australia. All the cities with media contacts have future rides planned. Where rides have not occurred or not occurred in the last 12 months, it is often the case that there is no one who has volunteered to organise the next ride in that location. People interested in participating or organising a WNBR in Australia should join the discussion group appropriate to their location (or the WNBR Australia Yahoo! group if none of the existing discussion groups are appropriate), try to make contact with others with similar views and demonstrate some initiative. It will happen if you help make it happen! Please refer to the Organizing a ride in Australia page for more information about starting or restarting a ride.
Publicity: flyers, posters, images etc
Posters and flyers from previous WNBRs in Australia can be viewed in the Australia Publicity Archive.
- WNBR Australia (this page wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/wiki/Australia)
- WNBR Australia Yahoo! group
- WNBR Australia Facebook group
- Starr and Letitia World Naked Bike Ride Australia Poster Colouring In Contest, Facebook event