Date: Saturday 14 Mar 2020
Location: Riverside Drive, West End (near Merivale Bridge)
THE BRISBANE WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE WILL BE BACK IN 2020.
The Brisbane World Naked Bike Ride will be held at Riverside Drive in West End near Merivale Bridge. All riders must assemble there by 11:30am with the ride officially taking off at 12pm going down to Orleigh Park and back up again. You must wear a helmet and as it is a clothing optional ride a g-string is the minimal dress code in accordance with willful exposure laws.
We will have face and body painting, as well as a couple of small prize givewaways for the best decorated bike and best body design.
It's an all ages event, and bear in mind that there might be members of the general public taking photos (although we will have an official photographer on the day).
WNBR Mission Statement:
"We face automobile traffic with our naked bodies as the best way of defending our dignity and exposing the unique dangers faced by cyclists and pedestrians plus all the negative effects of oil, cars, war, consumerism and non-renewable energy."
Check out http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/wiki/Australia for more info about WNBR generally, and past rides.
Please pass this on and invite and tell everyone you know whether it be your family, your relatives, your friends, your workmates, your church-people (hey, public nudity was okay in Biblical times too, you know!) :)
Any public, police or media enquiries need to be directed to organizer Dario Western at email@example.com or 61-437-428-859
Please contact Dario the WNBR Brisbane Organiser by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 0437 428 859.
Date: Saturday 21 March 2009
Location: Boondall Wetlands, North Boondall.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Brisbane 2009 page.
Date: Saturday 8 March 2008
Location: North Wynnum Esplanade, Elanora Park, Wynnum.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Brisbane 2008 page.
Date: Saturday 10 March 2007
Location: ABC Studios, 600 Coronation Drive, Toowong.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Brisbane 2007 page.
- Photos at WNBR Australia (official site) © Tony Robertson
- Flickr: Photos by Tony Robertson Note: all the flickr photos are on the WNBR Australia (official site) and you need to sign in to flickr to view the flickr photos.
- News.com.au, 12 Feb 2007: "Nude cyclists to ride Brisbane streets"
- Sunday Mail, 13 Feb 2007: "Riders told to cover up"
- ABC Brisbane, 15 Feb 2007: "Nude bike ride divides Brisbane"
- H&E Naturist, Apr 2007: "Socks appeal" (p44, in Nudes, Prudes and Attitudes section)
- CCN Online, 28 Mar 2007 Nudists take Brisbane for a ride
- 4ZZZ 102.1fm Brisbane, 21 Mar 2009, World Naked Bike Ride
Publicity: flyers, posters, images etc
The following organisations support and/or endorse the WNBR in Brisbane: