Date: 9 March 2013
Time: 11.00 am
Location: Beach, just east of Omanu Beach Surf Club – Surf Road - Mt. Maunganui
Organizer: Andrew Pointon
You are invited to join our second WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE for 2013 on March 9th at 11.00am. LOCATION: On the beach – just east of Omanu Beach Surf Club – Surf Road - Mt. Maunganui. FINISH: On the beach - just before the Papamoa Beach Domain car park. DISTANCE: 7kms at low tide. Duration: 30min.
- There’ll be spot prizes given away at the end.
- 2013 will be the second time the World Naked Bike Ride is to be held in Tauranga, N.Z.
- Globally, this will be the first one to start on that day.
- A BBQ will greet you all at the end of the ride.
This is a protest about the ‘indecent exposure to car emissions’, and the amount of oil that is used in the process - our solution: ‘PEDAL POWER’
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• Helmets are to be worn at all times on the ride • Make sure your mountain/off-road bike is up to standard on the day • The ride is not a promotion of naturism - you can wear as much or as little as you like • Prior to preparation, and also a few of minutes after the ride, participants are expected to be clothed.
There is no need to register. Any queries can be made by contacting the organiser Andrew, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or turning up on the day. There will be a banner near Surf Road, indicating the start for Tauranga’s World Naked Bike Ride. Weather-wise, only if there is a storm will the event be cancelled.