Hi all and welcome,
The first annual Canterbury WNBR
on Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Ride As Bare As You Dare! Eliminate All Dependency on oil and make roads SAFER for cyclists
Date: Saturday 15 June 2013 Time: assemble from 2pm and the ride rolls at 3pm Location: Victoria Memorial Recreation Ground, Rheims Way A2050, Knights Ave CT28PZ
Under 16's must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.
Date: Saturday 15 June 2013
Time: assemble from 2pm and the ride rolls at 3pm
Location: Victoria Memorial Recreation Ground, Rheims Way/A2050, Knights Avenue, Canterbury, CT2 8PZ
Canterbury World Naked Bike Ride
The route may be announced beforehand, otherwise, simply turn up at the assembly point for details.
Bikes can be hired from several places in Canterbury,
Cycle Shops and Cycle Hire Canterbury'
Meetings and events
The ride planning currently takes place on the WNBR UK Yahoo! group. When there is sufficient interest, we'll probably put together a dedicated Canturbury WNBR list.
The Canterbury ride publicity materials will be provided here for download and distribution.
Canterbury WNBR Planning Collective
Rides in the UK are normally planned by a collective where possible. It is hoped that Canturbury will follow the example of York, Sheffield, Manchester, London, Cardiff, and Brighton rides, and adopt the collective style of organisation. This would mean holding open planning meetings where decisions were be taken collectively. Sometimes, a few riders will act as sole organisers until there are enough people involved to arrange meetings.
All UK rides typically have a "ride coordinator" who will facilitate the ride planning process whether or not there is a planning collective. At the moment, the Canterbury ride co-organisers are being selected and finalised.
Here's what the coordinator normally does:
- answers people's questions with care and consideration
- keeps track of who is doing what, and how far through things people are
- deals with problems and follow the discussions at the national level
- provides email updates to let people know what's going on
- points out where and when help is needed
- acts as a contact point for general enquiries (email and sometimes mobile phone)
- maintains contact information (and keeps it secure)
Additional responsibilities that the coordinator choose to take on:
- arrange meetings, compile agendas, provide minutes
- ensure that the collective remains non-hierarchical but organised
- moderate an email list for Canterbury ride planning
There is always plenty of TV and Radio coverage locally, plus some mention in national media. Here we will provide links to stories which are available on the internet, and apply specifically to Canterbury.
- Flickr search: "Canterbury naked bike ride" will probably feature photos from any ride that happens in Canterbury.
Related ride pages
Other nearby southern UK rides:
- WNBR Canterbury Facebook group
- WNBR UK – Yahoo! discussion group for all UK rides