Welcome to WNBR 2013 and Manchester's 8th annual ride!
Northern exposure this year!
Welcome to the Manchester Naked Bike Ride official web pages.
Please join us or help with this year's ride (2013). Check out our photos to help you decide. http://www.flickr.com/groups/753338@N24/
Questions? Contact Seán 07906 086 128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It helps to get an idea of numbers if you register your intent to participate in this ride by filling in the registration form at the main World Naked Bike Ride site.
The Manchester WNBR is part of Team Green Britain Bike Week (16-24 June 2012).
Date: Fri 14st June 2013
Time: 6pm for 7pm
Location: All Saints Park, Cavendish St (off Oxford Road near MMU)M15 6BH.
The ride will probably take about an hour. Meet at 6pm and set off at 7pm or just after.
Police have OK'd the ride, so be ready to ride as bare as you dare. If you want to go for some kind of costume really go to town, colourful and eye-catching. Be imaginative and creative. It's a lot of fun, the people of Manchester loved us last 5 years.
Manchester prefers riders rather than photographers. If you want to photograph people before or after the ride ASK THEM. If they say no then don't, if they say yes go ahead. Simples!
All Saints Park is on the Western Side of Oxford Rd (A34) between the Mancunian Way overpass and Cavendish Street (the next traffic lights as you head south). Enter from Oxford Road or Cavendish Street
Publicise the ride
Please help get the word out about this ride. Circulate leaflets. These may be available for collection from a central Manchester location (TBC) or get in touch with Seán (details above). We'll put a downloadable version here shortly.
For the 2009 ride, some A4 posters have been printed. If more are needed, a PDF file can be downloaded from
for printing locally.
If you want to get more actively involved in the ride, please join the Facebook group, WNBR Manchester or the event page-
It keeps getting better and better, and 2010 was the best year yet. Not only did we have 100 naked cyclists, we even had a unicyclist and a rollerblader! Special thanks go to our volunteer marshals and Greater Manchester Police, who looked after us and escorted us beautifully. We even got a report in the MEN 
The weather was perfect, the riders were exceptional and the starting point was lovely. We rode in joy and fun and lots of noise for almost the whole route and the crowds loved us. It all went a bit pear-shaped on Portland Street when some well-intentioned but sadly ill-informed constabulary stopped the ride and tried to make us get dressed. We undressed around the corner anyway, and we did get a lot of wonderful media coverage. The police later apologised in writing as the ride had been OK'd by them previously. They agreed to accompany the Ride in future as they do at Naked Rides in other cities, so there will be no problems next year.”
Well ....despite pretty nipply weather that gave some of us the willies, we still managed to have a great night cycling naked around our lovely city. Thankfully it didn't rain.
We've had lots of attention from the press again with a great report from Granada http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/news/?player=GRA_News_15&void=201440 Look out for an article in Manchester evening news and a couple of other local papers, plus lots of radio coverage. It was great to have people travel all the way from Liverpool, Bolton, Blackburn and of course the riders from the York ride, we even had a runner who had come all the way from Belgium!
From applause on Canal Street, to teenagers running in excited fear, I think we all deserve a city wide cheer. Well done to all those who took part, it was a great atmosphere and I'm happy to say on final count we estimated there were about 80+ of us.
Well the 2007 World Naked Bike Ride in Manchester was amazing! We had 55 brave riders join us for another hot evening cycling the streets of Manchester. The crowds cheered and photographed us and even posted videos on you tube for all to admire. We attracted a lot of interest with radio stations, the BBC, Granada, Channel M, Manchester Evening News and a nudist publication, not to mention all sorts of indie-media.
We saw the sights passing through the infamous Canal Street, our favourite and most popular hot spot! Waved our flags to the BBC, freewheeled along Oxford road to cheers of delight at Kro Bar, then down to Deansgate Locks for some celebrity support at the 'posh bars', along Deansgate past many a shocked and admiring face, tooting cars all the way, then up to the Town Hall for a moment of cobbled wobbles when we crossed Albert Square, with the breeze on our backs (among other things!) we were free to ride, with police by our side. Ringing our bells through Piccadilly Gardens, we finished with a standing ovation, before returning to our original location. We wished we could stay all naked and free, hoped that onlookers were able to see, our messages painted on backs and on bums, our hearts were still beating like happy green drums!
- Manchester Evening News, 06 June 2011: Clothes got the bum's rush at naked bike ride through Manchester city centre
- G7uk.com 9 minute video
- Manchester Evening News, 14 June 2010: Naked bikers bear up to traffic in city protest
- Manchester Evening News, 11 June 2010: Bottoms up for the naked cyclists on tour
- Manchester Evening News 15 June 2008: Naked cyclists ride it out by Mike Keegan
- South Manchester Reporter 19 June 2008: The Barefaced Cheek by Laura Thistlethwaite archived here
- G7uk.com 7 minute video
- G7uk.com 2 minute video
Add links here
Add links here
Add links here
Add links here
- G7UK: World Naked Bike Ride 2008: Manchester (blog, 18 June 2008)
- ITV Local: watch online or download 17MB video file (needs RealPlayer 11)
- Naked Bike Ride Manchester UK 08-06-07
- World Naked Bike Ride Manchester: 8th June 2007 (1 of 12)
- World Naked Bike Ride: Manchester UK 2007
- Manchester This page (official site)
- WNBR United Kingdom (This page has FAQ info and links to the other UK rides)
- I BIKE MCR - An amazing annual cycling festival and diverse events and rides in Manchester throughout the year. I Bike MCR seeks to promote cycling as a form of transport and as something fun.
- WNBR Manchester Yahoo! group for people interested in helping to organise the ride
- WNBR UK Yahoo! group for discussion of all UK rides
- WNBR Manchester Facebook Group Facebook group for the Manchester ride.
See also United Kingdom page
- Map to All Saints Park
- ViaMichelin Map of Manchester
- Entertainment and Accommodation in Manchester
- Information about Manchester
- Wikipedia: Manchester
- Wikipedia: Greater Manchester
- Wikipedia: Lancashire