Brighton & Hove
Join us for a naked lunch, a seaside bike ride in the buff, a paddle in the sea and a naturist beach picnic!
Every year since 2006, Brighton has joined World Naked Bike Rides around the world to celebrate cycling and the human body. The ride demonstrates the vulnerability of cyclists on the road and is a protest against car culture.
Brighton's eighth World Naked Bike Ride will probably take place on Sunday 9 June 2013. Rain and wind meant lower turnouts in 2012 and 2011, but we were still 300 strong. An astonishing 800-1,000 riders took part in 2010 (up from 700, 400, 180 and 160 in previous years). Many more are expected in 2013. As of the 2007 ride, following negotiations with Sussex Police, full nudity is permitted at the event.
The ride forms part of national Bike Week (16–24 June 2012).
Please join our email list for occasional updates on the ride and related events.
Planning meetings to discuss this ride will take place at least once a month in the months leading up to the ride, starting in January. Please come along if you'd like to get involved!
For further information, see Upcoming
Midsummer Skinny Dip 2012
Sat 30 June 2012, 7.30pm–10.30pm
Pells Pool, Brook Street, Lewes, BN7 2BA (map)
Fourth annual clothes-optional open-air swim, social and picnic
presented by the Brighton Naked Bike Ride planning group
Tickets £3 advance / £5 on door (under-16s free, accompanied by adult)
Poster and flyer:
T-shirts also available priced at £8
All proceeds to Brighton Naked Bike Ride and related events
Ride on the day
Spread the word
The more people know about the ride, the more will come. The more people come and ride, the more successful the event will be, and the safer riders will feel.
Help organise and promote this ride
The Brighton Naked Bike Ride is an environmental and road safety protest, not a charity event. However, if you'd like to raise money for charity through sponsoring your ride, please consider raising money for the following relevant organisations:
- Cyclists’ Defence Fund
- Friends Of The Earth
- Jo Walters Trust
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
Media coverage, Photos, Video, History
A list of links related to this ride is also maintained at the Brighton Naked Bike Ride Yahoo! group.
More information on the Brighton & Hove ride is available at:
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Facebook group (join us!)
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Facebook page (become a fan!)
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Yahoo! group
- WNBR UK Yahoo! group
The following Brighton bike organisations have sponsored our flyers and provided other support:
- Bike For Life: Cycle confidence training
- The Bike's The Business: Bike courier company
- Cranks: DIY bike workshop
- G-Whizz Cycles: Hove second-hand cycle emporium and workshop
We are also supported and endorsed by:
- Green Van Hire: Provided a grass-covered, bio-diesel support van on the 2009 and 2010 rides
- Magpie Recycling: Brighton recycling cooperative who have provided their bio-diesel flatbed truck as a support vehicle since the 2010 ride
- Press Dispensary: Press agency that have produced and distributed our press releases
Related interest groups
- Maps of Brighton & Hove: Streetmap.co.uk / ViaMichelin / Google Maps
- Wikipedia: Brighton & Hove
- Wikipedia: Brighton
- Wikipedia: Hove
- Wikipedia: East Sussex