- See also: Bath
Bristol World Naked Bike Ride 2018 - Bike riders of Bristol - join us! PLEASE NOTE NEW RIDE TIMES THIS YEAR - UPDATED 13/06/2018
The ride is a celebration of the bike, cycling and to highlight the vulnerability of cyclists.
You don't have to be naked! The theme is "as bare as you dare" If you want to dress up, dress down or strip off completely, you are most welcome.
Meet at the (appropriately named) Full Moon (see below for directions).
There will be body painting, flags and banners, horns to sound and whistles to blow. Come ready for a fun family ride.
We depart at 1.30pm and arrive back at The Full Moon at 3.30pm.
Date: Sun 17 Jun 2018
Location: The Full Moon Pub, North Road, Stokes Croft
The route will be 6½ miles of family-friendly gentle riding through Bristol City Centre, the route map is published on our twitter feed & facebook event.
- We meet in the courtyard of The Full Moon, North Road, Stokes Croft, Bristol BS1 3PR.
- It is easy to reach from Bristol Temple Meads train station and the central Bus Station
- Wikipedia: Bristol
Email the planning collective at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
UK rides are expected to be planned in a collective manner if possible, and York, London, Cardiff, and Brighton rides adopted this style of organisation. Bristol's ride is organised through open planning meetings where decisions are taken collectively.
We have a ride coordinator who will facilitate the ride planning process whether or not there are sufficient people for a planning collective.
Here's what the coordinator normally does:
- answers people's questions with care and consideration
- keeps track of who is doing what, and how far through things people are
- deals with problems and follow the discussions at the national level
- provides email updates to let people know what's going on
- points out where and when help is needed
- acts as a contact point for general enquiries (email and sometimes mobile phone)
- maintains contact information (and keeps it secure)
Additional responsibilities that the coordinator may choose to take on:
- arrange meetings, compile agendas, provide minutes
- ensure that the collective remains non-hierarchical but organised
- moderate an email list for Bristol ride planning
See Bristol history
Tips on safe cycling
- Bristol Critical Mass wiki and Facebook group
- CTC - the national cycling charity (and CTC Bristol)
- Bristol Cycling Campaign and Facebook group
- Bath Cycling Campaign
- Lifecycle - a charity that helps people take up cycling.
- Sustrans - a national organisation promoting cycling, which started in Bristol.