Date: Saturday 10 March 2007
Location: ABC Studios, 600 Coronation Drive, Toowong.
The 2007 ride was the first for Brisbane.
The Indooroopilly police were assembled on Coronation Drive at Toowong at approximately 3.10pm with the photographers and film makers turning up half an hour later. The riders started to arrive about after 4pm for body painting as well as talking to the people at 4ZZZ radio, Channel 10, and the Westside News. 32 riders participated.
We all had our post ride party at the Regatta Hotel afterwards. The duty manager kindly reserved the Cellar Bar downstairs for us. We discussed plans for next year's ride as well as impromptu public nude stagings and plans for starting a young adults naturist group in Brisbane this year. At one stage, some of us nuded up for a photograph. One young lady took part in the photo, but she was not comfortable with going the full monty just yet. Nevertheless it was a great opportunity to renew some old friendships and forge a few new ones too. Byron Bay film maker Charles McFarland attended the event and included 10 minute footage on his latest DVD "Lily's Fantastic Summer 1" available from his site at http://www.synetechvideo.com The video contains two girls from the bike ride, Lily Barlow and Laura Kearns having fun at his place and riding their bikes fully naked down the main highway in Byron.
Please refer to the Australia page for a list of media contacts.
Publicity: flyers, posters, images etc
This is the flyer and poster used for the WNBR Brisbane 2007 to help promote participation. Both WNBR Brisbane 2007 and Newcastle 2007 protested to Save the Walrus because of the serious threat posed by climate change. Please print these, pass them out and stick them up where people will see them. Why not colour one in and stick it to your refrigerator?
- Photos at WNBR Australia (official site) © Tony Robertson
- Flickr: Photos by Tony Robertson Note: all the flickr photos are on the WNBR Australia (official site) and you need to sign in to flickr to view the flickr photos.
- News.com.au, 12 Feb 2007: "Nude cyclists to ride Brisbane streets"
- Sunday Mail, 13 Feb 2007: "Riders told to cover up"
- ABC Brisbane, 15 Feb 2007: "Nude bike ride divides Brisbane"
- H&E Naturist, Apr 2007: "Socks appeal" (p44, in Nudes, Prudes and Attitudes section)
- CCN Online, 28 Mar 2007 Nudists take Brisbane for a ride
The following organisations support and/or endorse the WNBR in Brisbane: