Home > Media coverage
For coverage of individual ride locations (which may have what you're looking for in dedicated or history sub-pages):
- Ride locations with media coverage
- Ride locations with photos (some of which may come from the media, possibly going along with text)
- Ride locations with videos (some of which may come from the media, possibly going along with text)
- Search this World Naked Bike Ride wiki for pages containing the text "media coverage"
Here underneath belongs coverage as hodgepodges of ride locations, and of the global WNBR:
- 1 Coverage by year
- 2 Stuff from old media page to be sorted
Coverage by year
- Daily Telegraph, 13 Mar 2010, Galleries: World Naked Bike Day includes images of Lima, Sydney, London and Mexico City.
- Guardian, 05 May 2010, Cycle events for all shapes and speeds: from riding naked to Alpine grit
- Bikewars, 15 Jun 2010: "‘Image Galleries of the London and Brighton Ride 2010"
- TreeHugger, 8 Jun 2009: "World Naked Bike Ride: Baring it All For the Bike" slide show
- FitSugar, 30 Apr 2009: "World Naked Bike Ride"
- World Auto News & Reviews, 26 Feb 2009: "Top 10 Naked Bike Riders Protests of all Times"
- News.com.au , 29 Jul 2009, "World's best nude events and beaches"
- e-Travel Blackboard, 28 July 2009, OK, we have all heard of unusual events, but how about the world's top 5 nude events!
- Bikewars, 15 Jun 2009: "‘Image Galleries of the London and Brighton Ride 2009"
- Bikejuju, 13 Jun 2009: "‘Less gas, more ass’ at nude bike ride"
These articles are about local rides and should be moved to relevant ride location pages:
- TripAtlas.com, the World's Largest Travel Resource, 10 Jun 2008: "Largest Naked Protest, The World Naked Bike Ride, June 2008" + featured on homepage for the week!
- The Green Majority radio show, The Green Majority is Canada's only environmental news hour. It is recorded live in Toronto at CIUT FM and syndicated across the nation. They interviewed me today about the World Naked Bike Ride Toronto!
- Vancouver Naked Bike Ride - VIDEO "Stripping down to protest car culture." Short segment for VancouverIAM.com hosted by Matt Anderson.
- San Francisco Naked Bike Ride - PHOTOS from SF's Justin Herman Plaza.
- TreeHugger, 10 Mar 2007: "World Naked Bike Ride Season Opens"
- AlterNet, 19 April 2007: "Why Are Americans Afraid of Being Naked? - reference to WNBR on the second page, with quotes from Conrad"
- The Sydney Morning Herald, 10 June 2007, The World Naked Bike Ride
- UTube Video Collection | See also: Film and video
- Flickr Photo Collection: Add Your Photos Here | See also: Photography
- Independent Media Center IndyMedia Search Results: Add Your Story Here
- Google News Search
- Common Ground: Vancouver Better biking better communities May 31
- PressDispensary Sussex Police Cover-Up At Brighton's First World Naked Bike Ride Jun 5
- Here Take Off Your Bike And Take Off... Jun 8
- Community Newswire Naked Cyclists In Car Culture Protest June 9. film Jun 8
- Daily India Naked bikers plan peaceful protest Jun 9
- Chicago Tribune Nude cyclists coming to town Jun 9
- Reuters UK: Video Naked cyclists ride for environment Jun 10
- Raw Story Nude cyclists race around the world to protest 'car culture' Jun 10
- BBC News Cyclists go naked in oil protest Jun 10
- Telegraph UK: Brighton Naked cyclists forced to cover up Jun 10
- Reuters UK Nude cyclists peel off around Spanish cities Jun 10
- ITV Crude cyclists bare all Jun 10
- WCAX-TVBuff Bikers Hit Burlington Jun 10
- Hartford Courant Bicyclists Spreading The Naked Truth Jun 10
- Gardian Unlimited Cyclists warned to spare Brighton's blushes Jun 11
- China Daily Nude cyclists peel off around Spanish cities Jun 11
- Antara News Nude cyclists peel off around Spanish cities Jun 11
- Ottawa Sun Baring It All Over Oil: Public gets eyeful of cheeky riders Jun 11
- WTOP Naked Bike Riders Taking to the Streets of D.C. Jun 11
- Washington Post Nude Cyclists Want Respect From Motorists Jun 11
- ABC7 Bikers ride naked for good cause Naked bikers plan peaceful protest Jun 11
- Toronto Sun The Skinny on Ecology:Riding naked to promote cycling Jun 11
- Burlington Free Press Bike riders disrobe for a cause Jun 11
- WCAX-TV News Buff Bikers Hit Burlington Jun 11
- Guardian Unlimited Naked cyclists failed to distract Jun 11
- China Daily Nude bicyclists seek motorist respect Jun 11
- Forbes Nude Cyclists Want Respect From Motorists Jun 11
- LATimes Nude Cyclists Want Respect From Motorists Jun 11
- Yahoo News Nude cyclists want respect from motorists Jun 11 Includes Video
- Indymedia UK London's world naked bike ride yesterday Jun 12
- Guardian Unlimited Naked bike ride targets oil industry Jun 12
- IOL Bare bottoms on bicycles for Naked Bike Day Jun 12
- Guardian Unlimited On your bike Jun 12
- EiTB24 Nude cyclists protest car-clogged streets Jun 12
- Channel4 Naked bikers' London protest Jun 12
- Daily Times: Pakistan Nude cyclists peel off around Spanish cities Jun 12
- The Age Cyclists strip gear as they turn the other cheek to cars Jun 12
- CNN: Mexico City Pedal Power: On your mark, get set, get naked: Hundreds of nude cyclists hit the streets to protest pollution Jun 14 Unnarrated Video
- Epoch Times A City on Two Wheels Jun 16
- Portland Tribune Maybe she was looking at his … Jun 16
- Travel Blogs Riding Naked (Again) June 10. Vancouver
- Technorati Search The World Naked Bike Ride 2006
- Nude & Natural (N) magazine 25.1 Features WNBR cover shot and global coverage, as well as an article on WNBR Seattle (also refers to Solstice cyclists)
- Travel Blogs The World Naked Bike Ride June 11. Vancouver
- Nude & Natural (N) magazine 24.1 (also refers to Solstice cyclists)
Stuff from old media page to be sorted
See old media coverage page for original text
Blogging, journals, newswire, discussion groups
- Bike Forums "World Naked Bike Ride" thread
- Bike Pirates, 5 Apr 2004: "Does wearing my messenger bag disqualify me?" thread
- Car-Free Seattle Yahoo! Group: SPECIFIC LINK?
- ChariOtaku blog, 5 Apr 2004: "Breezy" blog entry
- Cheef.com: Many related links and announcements
- Ciclistica (la città dalla bici), Italy, 6 Apr 2004: LINK?
- Culture Change (A project of the Sustainable Energy Institute): LINK?
- Dave Barry's Blog, 9 Jun 2004: "We don't see how this well-thought-out and very practical idea can possibly fail" blog entry
- Dr Menlo, Apr 30 2004: LINK?! (not about WNBR?!)
- Drop Bike, 24 Apr 2004: LINK?
- Free Republic "A Conservative News Forum", 18 Apr 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride Day June 12, 2004 (Coming to a city near you)"
- Go Bare: SPECIFIC LINK?
- Indymedia, Newswire, Apr 1 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) - June 12, 2004" (archive link)
- Indymedia NL,Netherlands, 27 May 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride"
- Journal Olho nu, No 44, May 2004: "Passeio mundial dos ciclistas sem roupa"
- Ligfiets Plaza, 24 Apr 2004: "Het wordt weer warm weer..." (article in English)
- Indymedia Los Angeles, 5 Apr 2004: "June 12, 2004 --- World Naked Bike Ride"
- Indymedia Los Angeles, 5 May 2004: "Los Angeles World Naked Bike Ride Update"
- Media Island International, 18 May 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride - coming to OlyWA!"
- Messiahbomb Journal (blog), 31 Mar 2004: "World Naked Bicycle Ride"
- Indymedia North Carolina, 25 Mar 2004: "Naked Bike Ride"
- Overal Bloot Yahoo! Group (Dutch)
- Pelados o Site dos Naturistas, 17 Apr 2004: LINK?
- Pinkbike.com, 23 Apr 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride - June 12, 2004"
- Indymedia Portland, 15 May 2004: "Pedalpalooza, including the World Naked Bike Ride! June 10-26"
- Ravnovesie.net (Russian), 6 Apr 2004: LINK?
- RedBike (Russian), 5 Apr 2004: LINK?
- Smart Mobs: 26 Apr 2004, 13 Jun 2004
- Stop Segregation Yahoo! Group
- SuicideGirls, 11 Jun 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride Day (aka "Critical Ass")"
- SynchroniCity, 3 May 2004: LINK?
- Wald-FKK discussion forum (Deutsch/German): LINK?
Radio, television, webcasts, magazines, adverts (all 2004?)
- Asheville Magazine, News, Asheville, NC, USA, 23 Apr 2004: "Asheville Naked Bike Ride"
- Bike magazine, 4 Jun 2004: "Try a little harder"
- Carbusters Magazine: LINK?!
- Citizen Times, Asheville, NC, USA, 23 May 2004: "Naked protesters on bikes dare to bare, make June weekend in Asheville interesting"
- ClothesFree TV Nudes in the News Show #44 8 Jan 2004 (short announcement)
- Daily Sundial CSU Northridge, California, USA: DEAD LINK?
- Earth First! Journal: Summer Action Guide (DEAD LINK?)
- FOK!, Netherlands, 23 Apr 2004: "Apeldoorn ziet op tegen fietsevenement"
- Globe And Mail, Canada, 5 Jun 2004: "Anybody got any duct tape?"
- Going Natural upcoming issue (LINK?!)
- KROQ 106.7FM: Conrad on Kevin & Bean Morning Show (Apr 8, 2004)
- Mountain Xpress, Asheville, News Briefs, Vol 10 Issue 44, 9 Jun 2004: "Naked in Asheville"
- Novinky.cz: "12. června radši neměli nikam jezdit na kole"
- Nu.nl News, Netherlands, 23 Apr 2004: article DEAD LINK? – leads to similar English version of story at Expatica.com, 27 Apr 2004: "Naked bikers to shun cover of legal permit" – leads to: Nerve.com News, 29 Apr 2004: News summary of Expatica story LINK?
- N Magazine (Nude & Natural), 'N' Trends, Issue 23.4, Summer 2004: "An Idea Worth Pedaling"
- Playboy Radio, 5pm PDT, 23 Apr 2004: Interview with Watermelon, Vinyasi, and Virato
- Reuters, Oddly Enough, 3 June 2004: DEAD LINK?! – similar version shared with MSNBC, Peculiar Postings, 3 Jun 2004: "Dutch church officials upset over nude cyclists" and CNN.com, Offbeat News: "Church bikers versus nude cyclists"
- Utne, Short Takes, 22 Apr 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride"
- Vancouver Courier, Vol 95 No 43, 30 May 2004: "Activists bike in the buff for revealing June 12 ride"
- WLOS-TV Newspot (ABC affiliate in Asheville, NC), 4 May 2004: LINK?
- WOXL 96.5FM, Asheville, 15 Mar 2004, 8.15am: Virato interviewed
- WWNC 570AM (Asheville talk radio station, part of Clear Channel network), News, 24 May 2004: Virato interviewed (LINK?)
- American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR), publishers of The Bulletin, Aug 2004 "World Naked Bike Ride Protests Social Issues" by Lynn Von Hagel
- AOL CityGuide: Seattle - "Top 11 Naked Experiences" (Seattle WNBR rated at number 4, 2004
- BBC News 12 Jun 2004: Edinburgh UK: "Protest cyclists opt to cover up"
- Chicago Reader 17 Dec 2004, Vol 34 No 12: Our Town: Public Displays: "The Naked Word" by Cara Jepson (mentions Chicago WNBR 2004 ride and event organizer Aurora Donovan Danai)
- Chicago Sun-Times,14 Jun 2004: article link
- Citizen-Times, 20 Jun 2004: "Here's to talking trash, pedaling flesh and debunking sinister shoe messages"
- Clamor magazine, Issue 29, Nov/Dec 2004: Sex & Gender: "Critical mASS: Bare as you dare – the ride for humanitarian exhibitionism", by Teri Denai
- ClothesFree TV "Nudes in the News" (Show #63, 19 June 2004) USA. A production of International Naturist Association (INA). Contains coverage of Manifestación Ciclonudista/WNBR, including Seattle photos. http://www.clothesfree.com. Windows Media format video
- ClothesFree TV "Nudes in the News" (Show 64, 1 Jul 2004) USA. Contains coverage of WNBR in Spain. A production of International Naturist Association (INA). Windows Media format video.
- Courrier International (France), Number 712, 24 Jun 2004 "Nus face au trafic"
- Daily Camera (Boulder) (13 June 2004 direct)
- KOIN.com, Portland, 12 Jun 2004: article link
- LA Times, 13 Jun 2004: article link
- Montreal Mirror: DATE?! LINK?!
- North Seattle Herald-Outlook, 16 Jun 2004: "These people at the Seattle Center fountain are not naked..." (picture with short blurb]
- N Magazine (Nude & Natural) (published by The Naturist Society), Issue 24.1, Autumn 2004: "World Naked Bike Ride" by Jim Meyer, "The Wheel Deal, The World Naked Bike Ride — An Idea Whose Time Has Come" by Jim Meyer, "World Naked Bike Ride, Seattle-Style" by Mark Storey, "Naked in the Streets" color photo section included pictures of the painted naked cyclists of 2004 Summer Solstice Parade in Fremont.
- Indymedia San Francisco: "SF Naked Bike Ride Against Oil Dependency"
- Santa Monica Daily Press, 14 Jun 2004: LINK?!
- Scotsman, 12 Jun 2004: DEAD LINK!
- Toronto Sun, 13 Jun 2004: "Behold the pale riders: 40 zany cyclists doff it all for fun"
- Travel Naturally magazine, published by Internaturally: Issue 52, Autumn 2004
- Ashburton Today: "Naked protestor charged with indecent exposure", 16 Feb 2005
- BBC News: "NZ protester goes to court naked" 17 Feb 2005
- ClothesFree TV Nudes in the News Show #93, 19 February 2005 (short piece about Simon's arrest)
- FindLaw - Legal News and Commentary / The Associated Press (AP): "Man facing indecent exposure charges arrives at court naked" 17 Feb 2005
- Fox News: Out There: "Naked Jaybird Chickens Out Before Judge" 20 Feb 2005 from AP
- Indymedia Aotearoa: "Join Arrested Naked Cyclist to Protest Charges (Naked)" 16 Feb 2005
- Indymedia Aotearoa: "Climate Change & Transport Activists Appear Naked at Court" 17 Feb 2005
- New Zealand Herald "Naked cyclists treat motorists to '21-bum' salute" 14 Feb 2005 by Mathew Dearnaley (Aucklund Feb 2005 ride Coverage)
- Pinellas from TBO.com/The Tampa News Tribune and Suncoast News (Florida, USA): Jan 23, 2005 (Feb 2005 ride coverage) "Oh, Sure: Now We're Having A Nude Bike-In"
- Scoop Media: "Climate Change And Transport Activists Appear Naked At Court" 17 Feb 2005
- Stuff NZ: "Naturist cyclist to go to court...naked" 17 February 2005
- Sydney Morning Herald, Metro section, 11-17 Feb 2005: "Breezy Ride" by Charles Purcell (about Newcastle, Australia ride) – issue was available 11 Feb 2005
- Yahoo! News/Associated Press, 17 Feb 2005: "New Zealand Man Arrives Naked to Court" (alternative link)
- Naturist.co.nz, Jan 2005
- Prime TV: Paul Holmes Show, 10 Feb 2005
- G&T Access Radio, 11 Feb 2005
- Central Leader (or Harbour News?), 11 Feb 2005
- TV One, 13 Feb 2005
- Solid Gold FM, 14 Feb 2005
- Solid Gold FM, 17 Feb 2005
- Radio Network, 17 Feb 2005
- NewsTalk ZB, 17 Feb 2005
- TV3, 17 Feb 2005
- Prime TV: Paul Holmes Show, 17 Feb 2005
- Triangle TV, 16 Feb 2005
- AUT Student Magazine Interview: forthcoming