Lexington participants and volunteers
The WNBR Lexington is dependent on the participation of everyone doing a little to make the ride as safe as possible.
- Link to go back to the wiki page for the WNBR Lexington here.
People at the front of the ride
- If you are unfamiliar with the route then please stay behind the front of the ride.
- Stop at all stoplights and stop signs, and follow all traffic laws that cars must obey.
- Please think of the people behind you. If you dart out in front of cars then riders behind you might think a particular intersection is safe to proceed.
- It's recommended the people leading the should have a speedometer of some kind because we want the ride to stay around 11 MPH, but should never exceed 14 MPH.
Self Appointed Volunteers
- Anyone interested in Volunteering on Game Day needs to print a hard copy of the route to bring with them, and read over how to correctly Cork.
- When nearing streets to turn shout the turn, and street name like 'Right on Rose' for example.
- Make sure to follow All traffic laws at all times please. Stop at all traffic lights and signs unless the intersection has been successfully corked.
- Cork all intersections and direct participants to proceed.
- If the ride should split up (again) try and lead the split group to either the starting location or try to intercept the group by going somewhere they're going to be.
- If the ride is leaderless or should become leaderless(I get a flat, or find something better to do) please follow this Wiki in it's entirety with emphasis on the following.
- Recommend printing a hard copy of the route if possible
- Leave at the designated time
- Follow all traffic laws
- cork whenever possible
- Shout directions on the ride
- Please discuss any unforeseen problems on the main Talk:Lexington Page.
- Please start preparing and cleaning up the starting location thirty minutes before the ride is scheduled to depart. Encourage others to do the same.
- Starting location is Pyramid Park 1112 Manchester St. Lexington, KY 40508
- It's recommended Everyone Participants and self appointed Volunteers should print a hard copy of the following, and bring it to the ride.
Days leading up to the next ride
This one is fairly strait forward. The wiki page despite my best efforts needs a few yearly 5 minute edits to help keep the ride going.
- Please help keep the Timeline updated by adding a paragraph about how the previous ride went, and future event dates.
- Click the "Watch" tab on the Talk:Lexington Page. Discussion of the Lexington ride will be posted there.
- For instant updates via email on changes to your 'Watchlist' click "My Preferences" on the top right of the page. Scroll down to see the email notifications box, and check the box for email updates on pages you're watching.
- Update the dates for both the Lexington, and Louisville dates on the List of rides wiki.
Post the following flyers everywhere.
Print out the following to hand out to people or to leave a stack in businesses.
Post the following anywhere people might be like stores, bus stops, and near buttons that activate crosswalks, and be sure to cut the tabs for people to pull off.