Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 12 Noon - Sunset Beach (near the corner of Beach Avenue and Bute Street), Vancouver, BC, on unceded Coast Salish territory.
Yeeehhhh hah, the World Naked Bike Ride is almost here. Join tens of thousands of happy naked cyclists in the greatest celebration of human powered happiness the world has ever seen. Over 70 cities will be participating. For more information on other cities participating in this majestic coup of people-power spirit visit www.worldnakedbikeride.org.
Body painting and performances will take place before the ride with the ride starting at about 2:00pm. A picnic following the ride will be hosted by NIFTY. The ride and all ride activities are free! And is on rain or shine!
The event is a celebration of creativity and a protest against car culture and oil spills.
Dress code: Bare as you dare (see #Naked bike riding tips below). If you want you can come wearing scuba gear.
To find out more about this and other rides, join the announcements list at http://lists.nakedwiki.org/listinfo.cgi/vancouver-nakedwiki.org
Other web listings
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YVR.WNBR
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/473699709379815
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/568753833176690
- VBR: http://vancouverbicyclerides.com/2013/06/11/naked-ride.aspx
- Velopalooza: http://velopalooza.ca/event/junes-world-naked-bike-ride-vancouver-2013
Please download, print, and distribute posters and flyers for the ride -- or make your own!
Photos & Videos
More photos at http://www.google.ca/search?q=Vancouver+wnbr
More videos at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vancouver%20wnbr
Rules for the Vancouver ride
- Nudity is not forced on anybody. You decide what you are comfortable with.
- Respect the diversity of many different body types, and refrain from ogling.
- Realize that although we are naked, many people consider that private parts are still private. Don't bring them up as a topic of conversation with somebody you do not know.
Naked bike riding tips
- Prepare for riding rain or shine!
- If sunny, put on sunscreen!
- You do not have to be fully naked to join the ride.
- Wear shoes!
- We often start the ride with some clothing on and then stop away from the crowds to get bare!
- Keep your clothes with you -- you never know when you may need them (like... after the ride).
- Decorate your bike! Come with signs and funky hats! Cover your bike seat with fun fur.
- Ride safely and stay together as a group.
- Tell your friends! Spread the word!
- Vancouver City Buzz
- Vancouver 604 Now
- The Ubyssey: Naked Bike Ride bares it all for a car-free community
- CTV News Storify: Vancouver bares it all for World Naked Bike Ride
- The Province: World Naked Bike Ride photos (by Jenelle Schneider/PNG)
- The Georgia Straight: Photo gallery - World Naked Bike Ride in Vancouver
- Posts Tagged ‘World Naked Bike Ride Day’
- CBC British Columbia, 14 Jun 2009: "Cyclists strip to protest oil dependency"
- Vancouver Sun, 14 Jun 2009: "Gallery: Naked bike ride"
The first naked bike ride in Vancouver was in the middle of winter, on 17 Jan 2002.
Since then we've had many rides, even two in 2007. For more information please visit www.artistsagainstwar.org.
- Ride Report from 2005 and 2006 Rides (travelblogs.com)
- You Never Bike Alone - Documentary with section (and short online clips) of WNBR