From World Naked Bike Ride
Improving the main site (WorldNakedBikeRide.org)
- Get rid of the splash page
- Should we take advantage of subdomains more? Possibly for short URLS to important pages? These can be created by using Siteworx.
- Make the form on the upper right a separate page, and add add a prominent link to it instead
- Merge the separate high- and low-res home pages into one page
- Perhaps the low-res site could simply be the wiki site? Should we have a redirect somewhere? D 15:03, 28 November 2006 (PST)
- Move the long list of small-print credits on the home page (it appears twice!) to a separate Credits page, perhaps on the wiki
- Sounds good, however, I really think we need to leave a high level ClothesFree International credit/link somewhere fairly prominent on the main page becase of the web hosting and tech support donation on the part of Corky. D 09:22, 29 November 2006 (PST)
- Redo the main www.worldnakedbikeride.org pages
- Redirect much of the content to the wiki
- Use the main site for a pictorial and media-rich introduction
- Use more art and pictures from the global events
- Improve and standardise navigation
- Update flash ads and other promotional images
- Ensure year and ride dates are current if mentioned anywhere
- Showcase more local ride art
- Establish a wiki page for discussing improvements on the main website
Improving the wiki site (wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org)
- Improve the look and feel of the wiki site to make it look more fun and less like a dull encyclopedia!
- Nick has made a start on this.
- Make sure that one global look doesn't dominate the site in ways that might conflict with local pages can establish their own style and look for their own pages. D 09:27, 29 November 2006 (PST)
- Transfer all past ride info over to wiki site
- Get local coordinators to appoint a local web person to do this?
- Figure out a secure way to backup the wiki site
- Ask Corky?
- Update media coverage pages
- Some initial work has been done on media coverage by Nick, Daniel and others
- Better to use the Ride locations with media coverage category and make sure ride locations that contain links to media coverage have this category added. Similarly, use the Ride locations with photos and Ride locations with videos categories for photos and video. This automates the process of listing such pages.
- Go through WNBR Yahoo! group posts and fish out information that should be updated on the wiki such as:
- Event reports for local rides
- Unique approaches to organizing
- Creative expression
- Establish a wiki page for discussing improvements on the wiki Web site