Every year, in cities around the world, thousands ride bikes naked to celebrate human-powered transport and the power and individuality of the human body. WNBR demonstrates the vulnerability of cyclists on the road and offers a simple, cheap, healthy + fun alternative to car culture. We hope you can join us!
Seattle preparation (Actually there's a bunch of other stuff here too, needs sorting a bit).
In 2003, Seattle became only the second city in the world to organize a WNBR event, the first of which was launched in June of 2004. We've been
- Downtown Day Ride Our first event of the year is scheduled for Saturday, July 12, 2014!. Last year's ride took place on Sat, July 13, 2013.
- Critical mAss While not a WNBR-organized event, a small ensemble of riders participate in July, and August (Last Saturday of every month) in various states of undress.Seattle Critical mAss FB Seattle Critical mAss Main Website
- Lake Washington Ride No ride planned currently. Want to organize one? Contact us!
- West Seattle Ride. No ride planned currently. Want to organize one? Contact us!
- Gardens Everywhere Bike Parade (GEBP). Last took place in 2009. Not expected to repeat until 2013. Stay tuned.
- Hemp Ride. No ride planned currently. Want to organize one? Contact us!
Please visit our Seattle Archive page. Please contact Troy Mars at AtomicBean@Gmail.com to add any links or info to a particular ride. The Archive provides a way for people to share Facebook and google photo albums, YouTube and news article links. The more emails I get the more richer experience the Archive will be for everyone. Thanks for your help.
You can contact us by filling out form on the WNBR Seattle Join page.
We have two Yahoo! Groups, one of them may suit you depending on how involved you wish to be:
- WNBR Seattle Yahoo! group 3 : General discussion - Ideal for people who to get all general discussion messages. A great place to bring up ideas, talk about concerns and network with others. Plan meetings, parties, and special projects. If you join this group there is no reason for you to join group 2 since this group gets announcements as well.
- WNBR Seattle Yahoo! group 2 : Announcements only.
Sign up to participate and/or volunteer for the ride by filling out form on the WNBR Seattle Join page.
We produce a seasonal set of newsletters, usually one per ride, using Campaign Monitor. We get names for those newsletters by membership lists generated by our Yahoo! Groups as well as those who use the sign up form on the WNBRseattle.org join page and at WorldNakedBikeRide.org. You can easily unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
- WNBRseattle.org - WNBR Seattle (Official site)
- You are here! This is the WNBR Seattle wiki site (most detailed info about the events can be found here).
- World Naked Bike Ride Seattle on Wikipedia. You can help edit the article! Add info about the rides, upload photographs and more!
NakedCyclists.org for a calendar of PNW Naked Cycling events, including WNBR Seattle. (not updated since 2011)Our wiki host went down and we are looking for a replacement.
- Search YouTube for WNBR Seattle videos. There are many created by riders as well as spectators.
The best way to contact organizer
Daniel Johnson and the WNBR Seattle team is via telephone: (206) 452-3820 (Skype number - please call first) or (206) 369 - 2661 (mobile phone/voice mail - please only call if you need to speak with Daniel immediately)
Other, less effective, methods:
- Fill out form on the WNBR Seattle join page (use the comment area and select a ride or rides from the drop down menu).
Danieldirectly using his temporary, spam-reduction e-mail address: j0in+hefun@ WNBR sea++le d0+ 0rg (use only letter equivalents, for example use "t" instead of "+".)
- Fill out form on the main WNBR page (use the comment area and select Seattle from the drop down menu).
Leave a message at his discussion page (which he doesn't check very often)
We don't have a dedicated photography sharing group on Flickr yet, but its probably just a matter of time. Click here for search results for WNBR Seattle on Flickr. You can find many images in the Pacific Northwest (PNW) Naked Exuberance Group. Please also see our video and photo policy.
- Join us on the WNBR Seattle Facebook Page and WNBR Seattle Facebook Group.
Note: The latter Facebook Group being archived by Facebook, we are advising people to join the WNBR Seattle Page instead.
We need your money to help make the magic happen! Please click here to go to our donations page to support our event! We need money for permitting fees, rentals, materials costs, multiple web domains for our different affiliated rides + privacy registration fees. We also need money for promotion expenses (flying, printing and advertising). Our organizers would also appreciate money for software updates which are very costly (Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks; Apple Final Cut Pro, iMovie; Hype and other programs). We also have a separate legal fund account, which has not been active since 2010.