INFO FOR OUR RIDERS:
We rode again Sunday August 25 2013: Biggest ride on the East Coast! See (all of) you all in 2014!
There is no sign-in or registration for our ride. Riders should subscribe to the PNBR email list to receive detailed ride info.
Check PNBR's Facebook for info
Sign up for email updates at phillynakedbikeride.org!
PNBR is a participant funded event. To make a donation in any amount, use this secure link to PayPal. Click here to make a DONATION!
- Pass it on!
- Offer creative organization skills!
- Suggest additional/connected events!
Date: August, 2014
Location: Location and route map will be revealed to the email list 48 hrs before the ride
- The Clog, CityPaper.net, 14 July 2010: "Philly Naked Bike Ride Sets a Date for 2010"
- Phrequency blog, 8 Sep 2009: "The Philly Naked Bike Ride"
- CityPaper.net video blog, 7 Sep 2009: "Naked in the Streets: Video footage from the Philadelphia Naked Bike Ride"
- KYW NewsRadio 1060, 6 Sep 2009: "It's the First Philadelphia Naked Bike Ride"
- Philadelphia Inquirer, 5 Sept 2009: "Bicyclists to ride nude through Philadelphia"
- Philadelphia Daily News, 4 Sept 2009: "Tour de No-pants"
- City Paper, 3 Sep 2009: "Grin and Bare It"
- City Paper, 4 Jun 2009: "Biketopia – How to make Philly a cyclist's paradise."
- PNBR 2013 Estimates are we had 3000 to 3400 riders! It gets bigger every year (yes, the jokes just make themselves...). Take that Portland!
- We started at Penn Treaty Park and rode a full ten miles; across the city to the Art Museum, down the Ben Franklin Parkway and around City Hall, along South Street, wending our way past Rittenhouse Square and back up through Old City to finish at the Piazza.
- The weather was absolutely gorgeous, 85 and sunny, though perhaps a bit too sunny for the shadeless starting point. The pace of the ride was slow most of the way, but with a few faster sections and a few stops. It took about six and a half minutes at a good pace (by YouTube video) for the whole pack to pass an intersection on Spring Garden St.
- New owners at the Piazza put the kibosh on the naked after party at PYT that we've enjoyed for the last three years, and the attempted hangout in the parking lot next door was spoiled by, well, parked cars. The search is on for a new ending location for next year.
- PNBR 2012 2600 Riders!
- PNBR 2011
- PNBR 2010 Number 2 had awesome weather, and had over two thousand participants. There were a few accidents, but luckly only mild ones to report. It was about an 4 mile ride that lasted for about two hours.
- PNBR 2009 Philadelphia's first ride was on Sunday 6 September 2009. The innaugural ride assembled along the Schuylkill river trail. Riders and onlookers were separated at the Locust Street entrance to the trail. Riders assembled on the lower trail between Walnut and Chestnut streets; onlookers were encouraged to watch the meet-up and cheer from the elevated ramps and walkways between the two bridges. A small changing/body painting area was set up beneath the ramps between Walnut and Chestnut for riders wanting some privacy to get ready. The non-riders at the meeting place were excited and supportive. With over 1,000 people at the site there were only two reports of crude or aggressive behavior by non-riders before departure.
- Preparations were completed within an hour and a half. There was communication with police at the meeting site and an escort was provided. The PNBR drummers marched down the trail to start the ride. The Philadelphia Police were outstanding: respectful and supportive; stopping traffic at major intersections, and staying throughout the route. An errant rider led a group of approximately 40 on a fast paced, and at times difficult, alternate route. They made it to the afterparty unscathed.
- The route ended at 5th and Fairmount, getting off the street and into the afterparty was time consuming, but police continued to help direct traffic and riders until the intersection was cleared.
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia Blog, 6 Sept 2009: Philly Bike Coalition Flickr
- Anthony Skorocho's CyclingCaptured: "Philadelphia Naked Bike Ride 2009
- Philadelphia Weekly: "Photos by Jeff Fusco"
- PNBR on flickr