London Clapham Junction
The London WNBR is part of Bike Week.
Date: Saturday 10 June 2017
Time: 14:30 assembly, for 14:45 departure
Location: Grant Road
We will meet on Grant Road, just outside Clapham Junction railway station, in the pedestrian area next to The Church of the Nazarene. The nearest post code is SW11 2NU. Gather at 14:30 for 14:45 departure. Please behave responsibly as this is a residential neighbourhood.
The nearest exit from the station is via the underpass, near to platform 1. There are lifts from every platform to the overbridge, and from platform 1/2 to the underpass. So, if you don't want to carry your bike downstairs from a different platform, you can use 3 lifts:
- From your platform to the overbridge.
- From the overbridge to the end of platform 1.
- From the middle of platform 1 to the underpass.
After you go through the ticket barrier, turn left. There's a ramp behind the door, giving you step-free access to the road outside.
There is an optional feeder ride from Kew Bridge which will provide a long and scenic ride into town, criss crossing the Thames before joining with the Clapham Junction riders. 13:30 assembly, 13:45 departure. The assembly point will be at the North end of the bridge by the steps leading to the Strand on the Green, opposite the Strand Cafe. North end of Kew Bridge, W4 3NQ.
The coloured lines match the topological map:
- The red line is just for our group.
- The blue line is the merged route for both southern start points.
- The green line is the merged route for all start points.
This document has step by step instructions.
- 14:30 [NEW] Assemble for a ride briefing. Please keep your clothes on at this point, but you can use the time to decorate your bike, e.g. by attaching flags or signs.
- 14:45 [NEW] Undress and depart.
- 15:00 Make a brief stop in Battersea Park (Carriage Drive North). If you want to wait for us there, that's fine, but please don't block the road or get undressed until we arrive.
- 15:00 Meet the group who started in West Norwood at Chelsea Bridge.
- 15:30 Meet the groups who started at Hyde Park, Regents Park, Kings Cross, and Tower Hill.
- 17:30 Finish at Wellington Arch.
There won't be any body painting facilities at Clapham Junction. If you want to use body paint, please do it at home and then put your clothes on over the top.
If you come by train, you may want to use the toilets on your train (free of charge). There are also toilets inside the station (20p charge), in the underpass and on the overbridge by platform 17.