Film and video
Home > The Art of WNBR > Film and video
- See also Photography policy for guidelines about people videotaping and photographing WNBR events.
Films and videos available
- Goin' on a Naked Bike Ride (remix)
This promotional music video is a remix of Dan and Kirsten Kaufman's 2006 Goin' On a Naked Bike Ride shot in Portland, Oregon. Check out some newly published shots and a funky take the song.
- Veer According to the site: "Veer explores America’s fast-growing bicycling culture by profiling five people whose lives are inextricably tied to bicycling and the bike-centric social groups they belong to. The film follows these characters over the course of a year, offering a behind-the-scenes look at their personal struggles and triumphs. Veer examines what it means to be part of a community, and how social movements are formed."
- There is some footage of WNBR Portland in the film.
- Indecent Exposure To Cars: The Story of the World Naked Bike Ride
See WNBR movies page
- The World Naked Bike Ride (31 minutes, 2006, UK) by Johnny Zapatos of High Altitude Films
How did the London ride get to be the biggest in the world? This independent documentary film tells the story the rides' beginnings with a small collective and an ambitious plan to take the ride to the city's streets for the first time. Facing numerous challenges a small planning collective pulls off the first mass naked bike ride in London. Excellent narration from UK national newsreader Jon Snow, this film is excellent for screenings, and builds enthusiasm for local rides. Contact High Altitude Films to arrange screenings - this film has received a rating of 12a by the BBFC. Short preview version is available at Green.TV. The full version is available for online viewing in 4 parts at Al Gore's website Current.com. The DVD (with extras) is available for purchase from High Altitude Films for £9.99 (plus p&p).
- Naked by Mary Bissell
Naked is a thought-provoking and humorous one-hour documentary by Mary Bissell about people who use nudity to affirm their values and fight for their beliefs. From anti-war nude protesters in Marin County, to nudist bicyclists in North Carolina and breast cancer survivors in Calgary, this show reveals the political reasons beneath the very personal act of taking it all off.
- Seattle is producing a film on their first WNBR-affiliated Gardens Everywhere Bike Parade from 2009.
Please feel free to download and use as promotional material for your screening. download poster from http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/images/c/c5/Wnbrdvdcoverfront.jpg
Groups and collections
Local ride videos
If you are organizing a screening of any of the WNBR films please add the location info here
- 15 Feb 2008, 8pm: Brighton, UK – Several WNBR films included in this bike film night.
Details: MeAndMyBicycle.com, Upcoming (inc registration)
- 26 Oct 2007; Sydney Australia
- 8 Feb (2007?): Golden Bay, New Zealand
- 2-8 Mar (2007?), 7pm: Vancouver, Canada; RIO Theater (corner of Broadway and Commercial)
- 10 Mar 2007, 8pm: Brighton, UK – southern hemisphere solidarity screening!
- 21 Jun (2007?): Eastover Resort, Lenox, Massachusetts
- 30 May (2007?): Canada, Vancouver, Spartacus Books. 8pm