Brighton & Hove
Join us for a naked lunch, a seaside bike ride in the buff, a paddle in the sea and a naturist beach picnic!
Brighton's seventh World Naked Bike Ride will probably take place on Sunday 10 June 2012 (date to be confirmed). Rain and wind meant a lower turnout in 2011, but we still managed 300 riders. An astonishing 800-1,000 riders took part in 2010 (up from 700, 400, 180 and 160 in previous years). Many more are expected in 2012. As of the 2007 ride, following negotiations with Sussex Police, full nudity is permitted at the event.
The event will form the finale to a weekend of UK and worldwide rides, including nearby Portsmouth, Southampton and London the two days before, which will allow people to take part in four southern rides.
<youtube v="xMoccGbPtRM" />
Food and drink
Please make sure you're well-fed at the start of the ride. If necessary, bring lunch to eat at the Level, plus snacks and water for the ride.
Bike and body decoration
Please bring decorations and body paint
The route goes via central Brighton and Hove, past a number of local attractions (Brighton Pier, The Royal Pavilion, the seafront etc), before finishing at Black Rock naturist beach where we can have a post-ride swim and picnic.
Check local weather at the following sites:
If you live out of town, please try to use sustainable transport to get to the start of the ride (eg: train, bus, car share, bio-diesel or electric vehicle). Please note that most buses don't take bikes (apart from folding bikes). You can check various options at:
If you haven't got a bike, the following shops are offering 10% discounts on the day of the event to people who quote 'Brighton Naked Bike Ride':
If you're taking part in the ride, and need somewhere to stay in Brighton for the weekend of the event, £10 discounts are available at the Ambassador Hotel. Just make an online booking, enter the voucher code NAKEDBIKE11, and you'll get £10 off any booking between 10-13 June 2011. The hotel's blog also has information on what's happening in the city.
2012 flyers and posters available in the new year...
Planning meetings to discuss this ride will take place at least once a month in the months leading up to the ride, starting in January. Please come along if you'd like to get involved!
For further information, see Upcoming
Ride on the day
Spread the word
The more people know about the ride, the more will come. The more people come and ride, the more successful the event will be, and the safer riders will feel.
Help organise and promote this ride
Media coverage, Photos, Video, History
A list of links related to this ride is also maintained at the Brighton Naked Bike Ride Yahoo! group.
More information on the Brighton & Hove ride is available at:
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Facebook group (join us!)
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Facebook page (become a fan!)
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride Yahoo! group
- WNBR UK Yahoo! group
The following Brighton bike organisations have sponsored our flyers and provided other support:
- Bike For Life: Cycle confidence training
- The Bike's The Business: Bike courier company
- Cranks: DIY bike workshop
- G-Whizz Cycles: Hove second-hand cycle emporium and workshop
We are also supported and endorsed by:
- Green Van Hire: Provided a grass-covered, bio-diesel support van on the 2009 ride (and plan to do so again in 2010)
- Magpie Recycling: Brighton recycling cooperative who will be providing their bio-diesel flatbed truck for the 2010 ride
- Press Dispensary: Press agency that produced and distributed our press releases
- Vinylla: Brighton fetish club night
- Bike Events
- Bike For Life
- Bike Hub
- Bike Week
- Brighton & Hove Council: events diary, annual outdoor events
- Brighton Activist
- Brighton Green Pages
- British Cycling
- Festival Eye
- Green Events
- SchNEWS Party & Protest Guide
- Transition Brighton & Hove
- View Brighton
- Where Can We Go
- What's On When
- Yahoo! group: Brighton Naked Bike Ride (also on home page)
Related interest groups
- Maps of Brighton & Hove: Streetmap.co.uk / ViaMichelin / Google Maps
- Wikipedia: Brighton & Hove
- Wikipedia: Brighton
- Wikipedia: Hove
- Wikipedia: East Sussex