Home > The Art of WNBR > Art bike
WNBR is the time for pimping out your bike or skates!
Be creative and colourful in expressing yourself! Customising your bike is strongly encouraged!
Engage the public! We decorate our bikes with political messages or beautiful designs to complement our forms. We use portable public address systems or raise our voices and chant in unison. Getting people to laugh and smile is a great way to connect and share ideas in a non-threatening way.
Decorate your helmet!
Helmets can sometimes look pretty drab, so get creative and customize them! Some companies (eg: Nogin Sox) even offer creative helmet covers!
"Race cards" with slogans
For their 2007 ride, London created some great "race cards" that you can print on card and then attach to your bike. We recommend you use elastic or twist-ties to secure them to your bike. If you are feeling generous, print and prepare a few extra to give to other riders. There is a selection of four cards for you to choose from; click on the captions to download the full-size (A4) card for printing.
- Atomic Zombie Extreme Machines
- Bamboo Bicycle
- The Bicycle Forest
- Burning Bikes Tribe
- Burning Man bike tips
- CRUD (Chopper Riding Urban Dwellers)
- Cyclecide - The Heavy Pedal Bike Rodeo
- Ed "Big Daddy" Roth - Rat Fink Lives! Made kustom cars, inspiration for kustom bikes?
- Hishyomaru Dekochari Gang
- Pimp my Fahrrad
- Playa bikes
- Playa Cycle Custom Choppers
- The Ricksha Arts of Bangladesh
- Rickshaw Art in India
- Subversive Choppers Urban Legion The Counterculture to Americas Love for the Automobile
- Tino Sana's art wood bikes
- Unusual Human-powered Vehicles