Date: xx June 2012 ?
This ride is organised by SHARE (previously known as HappyJMA Wageningen). If you want to join this ride or want to be kept informed about it, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also possible to join only in Wageningen or only in Arnhem. You can find more information on our website: www.sharewageningen.org.
The schedule of the day will be comparable to last year's :
- Gather at the market square of Wageningen, at 13:00 hrs. Here we will decorate ourselves and our bicycles.
- Cycle/walk one or two rounds through the centre of Wageningen.
- Cycle to Arnhem in a relaxed pace and cycle around the centre. The WNBR will officially end there around 17:00 hrs.
- Have a nice (and not too expensive) dinner together in a restaurant, probably in Oosterbeek.
All above mentioned points are optional, you can also join part of the programme! More detailed information about the times and the route will follow later.
The action will again take place as part of the annual LEEFfestival in Wageningen, which means that there will be a cheerful, positive and creative atmosphere and a large crowd in Wageningen.
The organisation can use your help with the following points:
- From last month onwards, we are spreading posters of the action. In Wageningen we can do this ourselves, but if you live somewhere else (not too far away), then you can help us by putting up some posters there as well.
- We will have some creative evenings to make some things (e.g. flags, banners, decoration; you name it) for the action. If you like tinkering, you are very welcome to join. You do not have to be a great artist!
If you are interested in helping us with one or more of these points, please contact us at email@example.com! Then you will receive more detailed information.
Furthermore you can help by inviting everyone you know to join the WNBR!! You could forward this e-mail to people and show the website www.worldnakedbikeride.org. We will still make a digital flyer that you can forward to people.
The WNBR Gelderland is organised by the same group as last year, but we have changed our name: instead of HappyJMA Wageningen we are now called SHARE: Sustainably Happy Realists. We organise all kinds of activities to make the world greener, happier and more beautiful. You can find more information about our group at www.sharewageningen.org (this website will move soon and does not look very nice at the moment, we apologise for this). If you have any questions or comments, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have Facebook, you can register for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207158705964880&ref=ts (and invite your friends!)
We hope to see you in June!
- ViaMichelin map of Arnhem
- Wikipedia: Wageningen
- Wikipedia: Nijmegen
- Wikipedia: Gelderland (Guelders)
On June 19th we had the first WNBR in Wageningen-Arnhem, with rather cold weather, but successful.
We came together at the market square of Wageningen where the LEEFfestival, an open Street Theater Festival, was taking place; the ride was partially integrated with the festival. We decorated our bikes, undressed and did some body painting with the help of the public, and talked with people on the market and press people about our motives. Then we made a ride through the (rather small) center of Wageningen with about 20 participants, most naked, and returned to the same place. There was a rather long stop, during which we could talk again with people and could dance on the music of a group playing in the LEEFfestival. That was also a good remedy against the rather cold weather: 16 degrees C, rainy and windy.
Then we rode, still naked, about 25 km (16 miles) from Wageningen to Arnhem, passing some villages, greeting many participants of the large-scale Jan Janssen Classic Bike Tour, which took place at the same time and the same area; the organisators of this WNBR had initiated contact and cooperation with that tour. Then we cycled through Arnhem, finishing at the border of the river Rhine, near to the Arnhem Bridge, famous from the Second World War ("a bridge too far"). After 4 hours of nakedness, most people were glad to put on warm clothes, cold but content on our action.
Photos, videos, media coverage 2010
- Blote fietstocht voor het milieu
- Vrolijk bloot fietsprotest in Gelderland op 19 juni
- Naakt op de fiets voor een beter milieu
- Bloot op de fiets voor milieu
- Naakt fietsen voor het milieu
- Bloot fietsprotest start in Wageningen
- Kippenvel voor het milieu
Photos, videos, media coverage 2011
- Bloot fietsen tegen milieuvervuiling (deweekkrant.nl)
- Actievoerders naakt op de fiets (Omroep Gelderland)
- Naakt op fiets van Wageningen naar Arnhem (nu.nl)
- Naakt op fiets van Wageningen naar Arnhem (telegraaf.nl)
- Bloteriken op fiets door Gelderland (spitsnieuws.nl)
- World Naked Bike Ride in Arnhem (tilburgnieuws.nl)
- Naakt op fiets van Wageningen naar Arnhem (volkskrant.nl)
- Naakt op fiets van Wageningen naar Arnhem (ad.nl)
- World Naked Bike Ride Gelderland vraagt aandacht voor milieuvervuiling (deweekkrant.nl)
- Rienk Mebius (flickr.com)
- Joop1208nude (flickr.com)
- Appie van Dalsum (flickr.com)
- Foto Bureau Arnhem (twitpic.com)
- Erik Baas (verzamelde nieuwsfoto's)