Date: Saturday 2 March 2013
Time: 5:30 pm assembly for a 6:30 pm ride start
Location: the River Torrens Rotunda, Adelaide.
Adelaide will hold a WNBR in 2013.
Would you like to get involved with organising, planning and/or publicity? Please join the please join the WNBR Adelaide Facebook group. Everyone is welcome to volunteer to help WNBR. Why not have a go?
When the ride is planned and coming up:
The ride is `bare as you dare' --- we suggest body paint, but you are free to wear as much or as little as you want. Fancy dress, self-decoration and other attention-grabbers are all very much encouraged. See The Art of WNBR for ideas on decorating yourself and your bike as well as lots of other background information. Knowledge is power !
Want to ride naked but aren't sure ? Get down to the local clothes-optional beach and get used to the idea of being nude outdoors and in public. But remember --- it's bare as you dare. You don't have to ride naked if you don't want to.
Make sure your bike is reliable. There will be no back-up team. If your bike lets you down, you're out of the event ! Sorry. Consider getting the fancy puncture-resistant tyres; they're expensive, but might save you on the day. Don't just dig that old boneshaker out of the shed two days before the event and hope it will be alright. It won't. If you don't ride regularly, start now; get to know your machine so that you're not worrying about it during the ride.
Add a story here of how the ride went after the event.
If you would like to help in the task of organising WNBR Adelaide 2013, if you can offer help or ideas, please join the WNBR Adelaide Facebook group and make contact with the others.
Contact the Adelaide Organisers, via facebook.
The laws that are relevant to public nudity in South Australia are applicable througout the state. For the relevant law in South Australia, please check this external link: SUMMARY OFFENCES ACT 1953 - SECT 23, Indecent behaviour and gross indecency. Note: indecent exposure is distinct from indecent behaviour and gross indecency so non-sexual nakedness is less likely to attract police attention. 2012 will be the fifth WNBR in SA and there was no trouble with the police in 2008, just a grumble in 2009 very near the end of the ride, grumbles in 2010 at the beginning of the ride and grumbles in 2011 near the very end of the ride. No one has been arrested in the history of the event in Adelaide or in Australia. For general discussion of the topic of legality, please refer to the separate page about New South Wales Laws.
Publicity: flyers, posters, images etc
Full sized version here:
Date: Saturday 10 March 2012
Time: 11:30 am
Location: the River Torrens Rotunda, Adelaide.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Adelaide 2012 page.
Date: Saturday 12 March 2011
Time: 11 am
Location: Victoria Square/Tarndanyangga, King William Street, Adelaide.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Adelaide 2011 page.
Date: Saturday 13 March 2010
Location: Victoria Square/Tarndanyangga.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Adelaide 2010 page.
Date: Monday 9 March 2009
Location: Whitmore square in the city.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Adelaide 2009 page.
Date: Saturday 8 March 2008
Location: North Adelaide at the junction of Barton Terrace and Jeffcott Street.
For more information about the pre-ride planning, events and media see Adelaide 2008 page.
- The Adelaide Naked Bike Ride 2013, Published August 27th 2012, by Sean Goedecke
- 13 Mar 2010, Nude Bike Ride Not So Nude Article from: AdelaideNow by David Nankervis
- 12 Mar 2010, The Evening Show with Peter Goers
- Nude Up With Alexis Dubus, 23 Feb 2010, page 6 in Issue 5 (Tue Feb 23 - Fri Feb 26 2010) The Adelaide Fix Briefs
- Sydney Morning Herald, 17 Mar 2009, Letters to the editor, Easily shocked by Elek Pafka of Surry Hills. Letter reads:
- When naked cyclists crossed the streets of Adelaide last week people cheered ("Cyclists' naked ambitions punctured", March 16). Such rides have been held in 70 cities across 20 countries. All too offensive for Sydney.
- Adelaide Now, 8 Mar 2008, Naked cyclists brave hot weather Article from: Sunday Mail by MELANIE REID (link indicates the page has been removed)
- Photos on Facebook
- badjonni on Flickr or
- badjonni on Flickr (these photos are mixed with a pants free train ride which can be ignored)
- WNBR Australia (on main website)
- World Naked Bike Ride Adelaide 2013 Facebook event
- World Naked Bike Ride - Adelaide 2012 Facebook event (hosted by Critical Mass Adelaide)
- World Naked Bike Ride - Adelaide 2011 Facebook event
- WNBR Adelaide Facebook Group
- WNBR Australia Yahoo! group
- Alexis Dubus Actor and comedian said in 2010:
"I'm a UK comedian doing a show at the Adelaide Fringe about nudity, called "A Surprsingly Tasteful Show About Nudity." I'm trying to persuade 100 members of my audience to do the ride, and if they do, I'll do it myself."